Monterey Bay Properties
620 Capitola Ave, Capitola, CA 95010
We have a common goal: Making you a homeowner. Let's make it happen!
Ensuring you exceptional service at every step of your home buying process.
- Search listings from the convenience of your home.
- Be the first to get new listings that match your criteria.
- Get real estate market watch updates for listings in your area.
- "For Buyers" - Your source for the latest tips, checklists and free reports.
- Personal Consultation - Vast experience and knowledge you can rely on.
- Financial advice - Loans, Mortgages, interest and tax benefits.
- Community information and Utilities.
Allow me to list your home for a quick sale. As a real estate specialist, I know what it takes to sell your home. I bring expert knowledge, valuable experience blended with the latest technology, a well-defined marketing plan, a cohesive network, energy, enthusiasm and the excitement of a job well done.
- Detailed Home Evaluation Report and advice on the best price to list your home.
- Vast exposure to your listing.
- Virtual tours to distinguish your listing.
- "For Sellers" - Your source for the latest tips, checklists and free reports.
- Personal Consultation - Vast experience and knowledge you can rely on.
- Relocating - Everything you need to know about the neighborhood and transferring utilities.
I am passionate about my job, love my neighborhood and keep up with the latest trends and strategies so that I can pass them on to my clients.
Ruth was easy and fun to work with, informative, and professional. She showed us multiple properties, and made sure when we found ‘the one’, that I knew everything possible about my new home before we closed. We purchased our home for $114,000 under list price due to Ruth’s strong negotiation skills. I would totally recommend Ruth! KH
She is the person you want representing you in a complicated or contentious situation. She really stays on top of things. RC
- Ruth was an excellent realtor to work with on both the sale of my home in Santa Cruz and the purchase of my new home in Scotts Valley. As a Seller, Ruth kept me well informed during the entire process and helped me to sell for a good price in a short amount of time. As a Buyer, Ruth really fought hard for me and what I needed as I was purchasing a newly built home and there were many issues with it once I moved in. I would totally recommend Ruth! MD
- Ruth was really easy and fun to work with. Smart and professional, she was very proactive in finding and showing us properties. Yet she was also very patient and never tried to rush us in any way. When we found ‘the one’, she helped us understand everything we needed to know before we closed. I would absolutely recommend Ruth!SV
- On top of things! Easy to work with! Sold our home fast & at full price! Absolutely recommend Ruth! SO
- Ruth was amazing, on top of every detail and the BEST realtor I’ve ever worked with! Bonus: she is a nice person! EP
- Ruth helped me find the perfect home for my family. She was very responsive and a great advocate for me during the whole escrow. HP
- I was very satisfied with my listing and sale of my property by Ruth. She was professional, hard working, and resourceful. SE
- Ruth just sold my home on Vista Del Mar Drive; very close to full price! Once before she listed the house (fall '13) for a mere 2 months; she knew ahead of time that I was just testing the waters, and that I would choose to rent it out if it didn't sell right away. She did such a great favor for me that time and a great job, and so there was no question I would ask her to represent my house again (May '15). This time I was ready to sell no matter what. So was she! She has integrity, is very smart, always timely, reliable, and professional all the way. She takes pains to explain exactly what is happening. I want you to know that I found Ruth on the Internet, so my laudatory words about her are not "saying this to promote a friend." She deserves high praise for being an amazing real estate agent. I really don't know how she could have done a better job. And, in my experience, she never gives up!" MS
Though I can't speak beyond our experience with one of Thunderbird's sales agents, our feedback is nothing less than 5 out of 5 stars! I have no doubt that our agent, Ruth Bates could work for any real estate firm and help strengthen their reputation. Ruth consistently demonstrated customer service excellence, tribal knowledge of Santa Cruz County and cheerful, tiredless resolve to find just the right home for us. From the day we met, to the day we moved in....I supect this sounds like we're related to Ruth or that we knew her before our intoduction interview. Truth be told, we just got lucky and from what I've heard from others who also bought or sold property with Ruth, we're not alone in our high praise. We love our home in Aptos and welcome the opportunity to reference Ruth and work with her again. BS
"Ruth Bates has worked with me to purchase a condominium. She is knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, articulate, honest, grammatical, always to the point, punctual, careful, and always prepared. She never wasted even one minute of my time nor gave me any reason not to trust her. One purchase she helped me with went through extremely smoothly, but we also worked together trying to buy a condo that was a short sale. That sale was beset with difficulties too technical and numerous to mention here, but the relevant point is Ruth represented my interests as well as any agent could possibly have done,and kept paying attention to the situation as it developed. Work with Ruth, you won't be sorry. MB
- "If you need a knowledgeable, highly professional real estate agent who is an outstanding advisor to sell your home, then Ruth Bates is a great choice. We hired Ruth and her firm to sell our townhouse in Aptos. She organized the sale in a very efficient manner, she gave us excellent advice on pricing, showing the home and negotiating the ultimate offer that we received. Her advice on timing and offer-counteroffer strategy was particularly outstanding. In addition she is a friendly, energetic person who is very pleasant to do business with. Many factors influence the success or failure of a residential real estate transaction. Chief among them is the real estate agent you select to manage the sale. Ruth was an excellent choice for us and we highly recommend her." GC
- "Ruth was fantastic throughout the entire process of looking for our new home. She continually provided new listings in the areas in which we were interested and within our price range. She showed us many homes and was always available to answer questions. She was always friendly and enthusiastic even though some of our questions were late at night. After finding the right home, Ruth jumped through hoops to secure the home for us and to meet the short escrow closing time-frame required by the seller. The entire transaction went very quickly and smoothly. It's clear that Ruth is highly skilled and loves what she does. I would happily recommend her to anybody who is looking for their new home. She's a true professional." DM
- "Ruth represented us in our search for a family home. She has a good knowledge of the business, is hardworking and has a fun personality. She stuck with us with our many questions and kept us focused and motivated through the ups and downs of the process. She made herself readily available, promptly responding to our requests and worked on our behalf by holding others involved in the process accountable for their timely actions. Ruth is reasonable and is a good sounding board. She is straight forward and will give you her professional opinion, yet respected our choice if we decided otherwise. Ruth is friendly and caring, which was evident from beginning to end ..and at the end, she helped us get a home in the location and at the price range we budgeted. "KE
- "Ruth is a very attentive, positive, knowledgable and patient agent. Her resposivness is immediate when ever I have questions about properties or the purchasing process. She is always available for showings and often works on the weekends/evenings showing us properties. Ruth has made "home hunting" a much nicer experience because of her warm compassionate personality.I would highly recommend Ruth Bates to represent your property or help you find the home of your dreams! DA
- "Ruth is energetic, she knows the area well, she is friendly with all her associates, she worked around the clock for us, she was aggressive in finding and securing the deal that worked for us, she made sure everyone else was doing their part well, if she did not know something she would research it.
- "Ruth was very professional, very knowledgeable of the Santa Cruz County area, aggressive when necessary, friendly to all she worked with, went out of her way to show us around, almost always available....RA
- “Things I liked about working with Ruth: She was patient and willing to submit what ever offer I wanted (including the offer when she told me, "no chance, they have three other offers higher" and "Really? The numbers of your birthday? " ---though ultimately, that house was a winner!). She worked with the fact that I had( in my dad) a not so silent partner. She got me involved in the Santa Cruz Art League But, most of all, she helped me make my "dream house" a reality. " CP
- "Ruth was fantastic throughout the entire process of looking for our new home. She continually provided new listings in the areas in which we were interested and within our price range. After finding the right home, Ruth jumped through hoops to secure the home for us and to meet the short escrow closing time-frame required by the seller. The entire transaction went very quickly and smoothly. It's clear that Ruth is highly skilled and loves what she does. I would happily recommend her to anybody who is looking for their new home. She's a true professional.
- "We randomly stumbled across Ruth at one of her open houses and from the moment we met her, we knew that she would be the one to help us find our future vacation home. Ruth was very energetic, responsive and really listened to what we wanted. She was patient and was very willing to go out of her way to help us right from the start. Finding our future 2nd home was a process but she was always willing to show us new listing and answer our endless questions. Ultimately she helped us find our dream beach getaway. We would highly recommend Ruth!!!"
- "Ruth's deep knowledge of the local Santa Cruz real estate market is impressive and she's a joy to work with. Organized, high energy, efficient and always on top of things. I highly recommend her."
- "Ruth helped us with both the sale of our home and the purchase of our new home here in Santa Cruz. It was a great experience. She is focused, responsive, and highly personable. If you want to get it done, Ruth is the one!"
- “Ruth is thorough, responsive and creative. She really cares about you and wants you to be happy. It is not "just about the sale". I have already recommended her to other friends
- "Ruth helped my buy a condo as an investment. She was extremely skilled at finding condos that met my investment criteria and NOT inundating me with too many listings. She was on top of all the paperwork. She was punctual, intelligent, articulate, honest, reliable, responsive, and friendly. The condo purchase went smoothly and was a success. Ruth also helped me try to buy a short-sale condo. Short sales are extremely complex transactions and ours was complicated by an unexpected change in the servicing bank, an uncooperative HOA that didn't release documents, a sometimes-unresponsive seller's agent, and other problems. Eventually we gave up on that transaction, but while we pursued it, Ruth did everything you could expect of an agent. I will turn to Ruth again if I need a realtor."
- "Ruth is very professional and knowledgeable of the real estate market. Has great communication skills. She handled the sale of one of our homes in record time. I would highly recommend her in any real estate transaction."
- "Ruth was very professional, very knowledgeable of the Santa Cruz County area, aggressive when necessary, friendly to all she worked with, went out of her way to show us around, almost always available.”
- “Ruth is a high-energy, Real-Estate PRO, with exceptional knowledge and outstanding client support. She's been incredibly responsive and my wife Doreen and I recommend her without hesitation.”
- “Ruth is not only knowledgeable and professional, she is extremely personable and patient. Most importantly she LISTENS! She never tried to convince me that a particular listing would be "perfect" for me, but listened to what I said about various properties we looked at and zeroed in on what I was looking for. She showed me many properties during my search (I had gone through several realtors prior to finding her) and never made me feel that I was being too hard to please or wasting her time. In fact, when I suggested that might be the case and that maybe I should just settle for "good enough", she said, "NO! What you want is out there and we'll just keep looking till we find it. This is what I do for a living, you aren't wasting my time." And I am now happily settled in my new home!!”
- “Ruth was extremely well organized and very punctual. She was broadly informed on all market events. She was honest and her main concern was finding the right home for me. I worked on both ends of selling a home and buying and she was not pushy but very pleasant. She worked extremely hard to sell and help me find the perfect home. I would highly recommended her to all my friends and family if they needed a Real Estate agent. She definetely goes far beyond what I received from other agents.A real positive experience. Can't say enough. “
- “Ruth is a very attentive, positive, knowledgable and patient agent. Her resposivness is immediate when ever I have questions about properties or the purchasing process. She is always available for showings and often works on the weekends/evenings showing us properties. Ruth has made "home hunting" a much nicer experience because of her warm compassionate personality.I would highly recommend Ruth Bates to represent your property or help you find the home of your dreams!”